When: We are planning for April 18-19, 2020
Cost: (to be determined)
Meals: (to be determined)
Accommodations: Comfort Inn at 3001 NE 11th St in Bentonville, Arkansas
- Meet at Prairie Grove, Arkansas by 1:00 p.m. on April 18th (approximately a 4 hour drive from Independence)
- We hope to have a guided tour of the museum and battlefield, which costs $5 per person.
- Travel to Comfort Inn. Everyone is to make their own reservations ahead of time.
- Have dinner at one of the several restaurants within 3-mile radius of Comfort Inn.
- Sunday morning after breakfast and checking out of Comfort Inn, travel to Pea Ridge Battlefield, which is a 20 minute drive.
- After a tour of the Visitor's Center and a 7-mile driving tour of the battlefield, which costs $20 per car and has 10 stops, everyone can head for home on their own time schedule.
- Costs for this trip will include: meals, room, tour fees and transportation fees.
Potential side trips:
- Crystal Gardens Museum of American Art
- Benton County Historical Society / Museum
- Cane Hill Battlefield
Stay tuned for further details.